Companies Registration Officer II
Master Pay Scale Point 10 ($22,865 per month) to Master Pay Scale Point 27 ($53,195 per month)
Entry Requirements :
Candidates should have :
- (i) Level 3 or equivalent (Note 1) or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) (Note 2), or equivalent; or
(ii) Grade E or above in two subjects at Advanced Level in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination and Level 3 (Note 3) / Grade C or above in three other subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) (Note 2), or equivalent; and
- met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 (Note 3) or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent; and be able to communicate in Chinese and English.
- For civil service appointment purpose, “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
- The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
- For civil service appointment purpose, “Grade C” and “Grade E” in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to “Level 3” and “Level 2” respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
- For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, applicants for civil service jobs will be assessed on their BL knowledge. The BL test result will constitute an appropriate weighting in a candidate's overall assessment.
A Companies Registration Officer II mainly performs operational ground work in the various divisions/sections of the Companies Registry. This includes scrutinising and registering various types of documents lodged by companies under the Companies Ordinance and other bodies under related legislation; handling enquiries; providing services for inspecting and obtaining company information; rendering support for the enforcement of the Companies Ordinance and initiating prosecution of offences under the Companies Ordinance; administering information technology systems; participating in information technology development projects and supervising clerical and supporting staff.
Terms of Appointment :
New appointees will normally be appointed on civil service probationary terms for three years. Upon passage of probation bar, he/ she may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms.
How to Apply :
Application Forms (G.F. 340 [(Rev. 3/2013)]) are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
Applications submitted in person or by post should reach the below contact address (the postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of submission of application). Please specify “Application for Companies Registration Officer II” with return address on the envelope.
To avoid delayed or unsuccessful delivery of applications by post, please ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage has been affixed before posting. Mail items bearing insufficient postage will not be delivered to this Department and will be returned to the sender or disposed of by the Hongkong Post, where appropriate. Applicants will bear any consequences arising from paying insufficient postage. Applicants may also apply online through the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
- Holders of academic qualifications as specified in item (h) of General Notes below should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail within one week after the closing date for application, and online application number should be quoted on the envelope and copies of the supporting documents. Applications which are incomplete, late, not made in the prescribed form or submitted by fax or email will not be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide their email addresses on the application forms. Candidates who are not invited for interview by March 2020 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Contact Address and Enquiry Telephone :
Human Resources Office, Companies Registry, 15/F, High Block, Queensway Government Offices, 66 Queensway, Hong Kong (Tel: 2867 2817)
Closing Date for Application :
19 September 2019
Newspaper(s) Advertised (with date):
Ming Pao Daily News (30 August 2019 and 6 September 2019) and South China Morning Post (30 August 2019, 6 September 2019, 7 September 2019 and 14 September 2019)
General Notes :
- Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
- As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
- Civil service vacancies are posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates selected for these vacancies will be appointed on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service and will become civil servants on appointment.
- The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
- The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and may be subject to changes.
- Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, and where appropriate, assistance in housing.
- Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
- Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the contact address of the recruiting department specified above.
- It is the Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau's website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
- Towards the application deadline, our on-line system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your on-line application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
For other civil service opportunities, please visit Youth.gov.hk。